Westcore Announces Discovery of Coal on Two New Drilling Targets and Successfull Completion of Winter Drill Program in Manitoba
SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN - WESTCORE ENERGY LTD. - (TSX VENTURE:WTR) ("Westcore" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the discovery of coal on two new drilling targets on its Black Diamond Property ("Luna") and FNR JV Property ("Vesta") located near the Pas, Manitoba and successful completion of its winter drill program on the Black Diamond and FNR JV projects. The Luna and Vesta targets returned an intercepts of 61.3 and 10.5 metres of composite coal respectively.
The Company has achieved both of its primary objectives for its winter drilling program despite unseasonably warm conditions creating a late winter freeze-up and an early spring break-up. The first objective was to delineate previously identified deposits with an aim of incorporating the results into a resource report in compliance with National Instrument 43-101 - Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects ("NI 43-101"). The second was to explore and test several new geophysical anomalies identified from interpretations of both the 2010 and 2011 airborne surveys. All reported intercepts have been reported in true thickness.
(Marketwire - March 21, 2012)
More Business News
- Top 41 oil players push through to January-planned mass auction of Iraq oil reserves contracts
- Have you booked in for Petrochem Arabia? October 9-11 promises industry-wide converge
- Petroleum Development Oman awards contract for solar steam oil tech regional first play
- IKEA is flying Solar
- Diggers & Dealers delivers plenty of news
- BP bomb detonation work shuts down key production pipeline for U.K companies
- Walmart seafood deal set to net profit
- PetroBakken Annual General and Special Meeting Information
- Tuscany Energy Ltd. and Diaz Resources Ltd. Announce Execution of Definitive Agreement for Proposed Business Combination
- Argent Energy Trust Announces Bought Deal Convertible Debenture Financing to Accelerate Eagle Ford Oil Development
- Platino Energy Corp. Announces Agreement to Increase Working Interest in the Coati and Andaquies Blocks and Release of First Quarter Financial Results
- Baytex to Webcast Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders
- Wenzel Downhole Tools Ltd. Announces Agreement on Take-Private Transaction by Basin Tools L.P.
- Africa Oil Announces Etuko-1 Well Spuds in Kenya