Align Technology Showcases iTero(R) Restorative Workflows for Same-Day Dentistry and New Software Features at Greater New York Dental Meeting
SAN JOSE, CA and NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwired – November 26, 2017) – Align Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALGN) today announced plans to expand its restorative digital workflow solutions to include iTero Chairside CAD, a chairside prosthetics design software application that will support same-day dentistry via the iTero Element scanner. Through a collaboration with Exocad GmbH, a provider of CAD/CAM software, chairside CAD software will be specially integrated into Align’s iTero Element intraoral scanner. The new iTero Chairside CAD software will provide dental professionals with the capability to design and produce precision-fit restorations for their patients via connected, in-office milling systems — just minutes after scanning. With expected availability in mid 2018, the iTero Chairside CAD software is also designed to have a certified connection to chairside milling solutions of the industry’s leading manufacturers.
“With more than 2.2 million restorative crown, bridge, and custom implant cases enabled by the iTero scanner to date, Align Technology continues to increase its investment in digital restorative workflows,” said Raphael Pascaud, Align Technology chief marketing, portfolio & business development officer and vice president iTero scanner and services. “Today’s practices require a range of digitally enabled solutions — from chairside visualization, prosthetic CAD capabilities, in-office milling options, and laboratory workflows for restorative dentistry, to tools and applications exclusively designed for Invisalign® treatment, which only iTero Element can provide.”
The new iTero Chairside CAD software is designed to deliver:
- Convenient restoration design capabilities integrated within the iTero Element scanner – minutes after scanning.
- Enhanced patient engagement showcasing 3D crown design.
- Streamlined workflow between iTero Element scanners with integrated restorative design software and market-leading certified milling systems.
- Affordable solution for performing same-day dentistry in the restorative practice.
Dr. Bruce LeBlanc, a private practice dentist based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said, “Accurate digital scanning is the gateway to the digital universe in dentistry and satisfied patients. iTero Element provides accurate and quick scanning while managing the digital workflow seamlessly from beginning to end for all of my restorative needs. My staff and I confidentially expect our restorations to arrive after an easy scan process and workflow selection with the lab of my choice. This ease of use enables us to be efficient and offer the highest quality of services and products to our patients.”
This workflow is the latest in a series of investments by Align in software and technologies in response to the increasing demands of general dentists for digital workflows that support their restorative practice. In North America, 2,800 iTero certified dental laboratories provide restorative laboratory services for more than 35,000 iTero restorative cases per month. At the Greater New York Dental Show, customers can view demos showcasing the comprehensive restorative capabilities of iTero Element scanners including:
- iTero Restorative software supporting crown, bridge, implant, veneer, inlay and onlay prosthetics.
- iTero software updates include natural color scanning along with advanced applications for occlusal mapping, optimized restorative scanning protocol with automated data detection, and eraser tool.
- New glidewell.io™ In-Office solution which serves to auto-design restorations for the clinician’s approval or communicate with a lab’s digital design technicians as needed.
- Preview iTero Chairside CAD with demonstrations at the Exocad booth.
- iTero Timelapse technology which compares a patient’s historic 3D scans to the present-day scan, enabling clinicians to identify and measure orthodontic movement, tooth wear, and gingival recession.
- Exclusive Invisalign treatment tools including the Invisalign Outcome Simulator and Invisalign Progress Assessment tool.
Dentists can view a complete demo at booth #5204 during the Greater New York Dental Show in New York or can contact an iTero sales representative for more information. Visit www.itero.com or www.facebook.com/iterodigitalimpressionsystem/ for the latest news on the iTero Element scanner.
About Align Technology, Inc.
Align Technology designs and manufactures the Invisalign® system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world, and iTero® intraoral scanners and services. Align’s products help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients. Visit www.aligntech.com for more information.
For additional information about the Invisalign system or to find an Invisalign provider in your area, please visit www.invisalign.com. For additional information about iTero digital scanning system, please visit www.itero.com.
Shannon Mangum Henderson