Caring.com awards 28 Holiday Retirement independent senior living communities for service excellence
WINTER PARK, FL–(Marketwired – Nov 14, 2017) – A senior living choice is not one to be rushed. It is a decision that deserves thoughtful consideration and careful research, which can be made significantly easier thanks to the recent announcement of the “Caring Stars of 2018.”
A total of 28 Holiday Retirement communities were included on this year’s Caring.com list, which identifies the top-rated senior living communities nationwide based on consumer ratings and reviews posted on the leading senior care website. For the second consecutive year, Holiday Retirement, one of the largest senior living providers in the United States, led this year’s distinguished awards.
In order to be considered for the 2018 Caring Stars award, a community must capture an average rating of 4.5 or higher (on a scale of 1 to 5) in at least 10 or more reviews from people considering senior living options, including assisted living and Alzheimer’s care, while also meeting other top qualifying criteria for the honor. The Holiday Retirement independent senior living communities included on the list met these qualifications seamlessly.
“At Holiday Retirement, we take tremendous pride in our community management teams’ dedication to providing the highest quality services and making a difference in the lives of older adults and their families,” said Lilly Donohue, CEO at Holiday Retirement. “We are thrilled to celebrate alongside 28 of our independent communities — 16 of which are two-year-in-a-row winners.”
Holiday Retirement 2018 Caring Star communities include:
- Apple Blossom* – Rogers, Arkansas
- Ashley Park – Charleston, South Carolina
- Augustine Landing* – Jacksonville, Florida
- Desert Rose – Yuma, Arizona
- Desoto Beach Club* – Sarasota, Florida
- Devonshire Estates – Lenox, Massachusetts
- Dogwood Terrace – Richmond, Virginia
- Eagle Crest* – Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Fleming Point* – Rochester, New York
- Haywood Estates* – Greenville, South Carolina
- Illahee Hills* – Urbandale, Iowa
- Lake Shore Commons – Wilmington, North Carolina
- Mission Commons – Redlands, California
- Niagara Village – Erie, Pennsylvania
- Orchid Terrace* – St. Louis, Missouri
- Peninsula – Gig Harbor, Washington
- Shasta Estates – Redding, California
- Sky Peaks* – Reno, Nevada
- Sugar Valley Estates – Loveland, Colorado
- The Camelot* – Hemet, California
- The Seville* – Orem, Utah
- The Tremont* – Oviedo, Florida
- Valencia Commons* – Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Walnut Park* – Visalia, California
- Washington Commons* – Evans, Georgia
- Wescourt* – Saginaw, Michigan
- Westminster – Greenville, South Carolina
- Woodlands Village – Bradenton, Florida
*Caring Star award winner for the second year in a row.
“Congratulations to Holiday Retirement and its 28 communities who are Caring Stars of 2018! They received many accolades from residents and their loved ones in reviews on Caring.com, helping them achieve this service excellence award,” said Karen Cassel, CEO of Caring.com. “Being recognized as the ‘Caring Stars of 2018′ speaks volumes about the positive difference Holiday is making in serving seniors, and we join with Holiday in celebrating this accomplishment.”
With more than three million visitors per month, Caring.com is a leading senior care resource for family caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses and other loved ones. A Bankrate company headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Caring.com provides helpful caregiving content, online support groups and a comprehensive Senior Care Directory for the United States, with nearly 100,000 consumer ratings and reviews and a toll-free senior living referral line at (800) 325-8591. Connect with Caring.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or YouTube.
About Holiday Retirement
Based in Winter Park, Fla., Holiday Retirement invented the concept of independent senior living in 1971, and is the largest provider in North America today with more than 260 retirement communities throughout the United States. Holiday Retirement is in the business of providing security, comfort, and value to independent seniors seeking a fulfilling lifestyle in a welcoming environment. For more information about Holiday Retirement, please call 800-322-0999 or visit www.holidaytouch.com.
Brian K. Fawkes
Communications Strategy Group