IHS Markit Report Reveals Juniper Networks Ranks First with Service Providers Globally in Most Important Areas
SUNNYVALE, CA–(Marketwired – December 20, 2017) – Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced it ranked No. 1 in four of the top five key selection criteria when service providers choose networking vendors, according to IHS Markit’s just-published Router & Switch Vendor Leadership Service Provider Survey. The 12th annual report evaluated service providers’ perception among the top edge/core router and carrier Ethernet switch (CES) manufacturers, and revealed Juniper outranks others in the industry in technology innovation, product reliability, service and support and security ahead of Cisco, Huawei and Nokia. Juniper also ranked No. 2 in price-to-performance – just behind Huawei.
IHS’s Router & Switch Vendor Leadership Service Provider Survey provides insights into service provider opinions of edge/core router and CES manufacturers. The study covers vendor selection criteria, vendors installed and under evaluation, operator ratings of vendors, and includes a leadership scorecard based on key criteria.
According to the report, which identified the top selection criteria and how vendors ranked in service providers’ eyes, Juniper ranked No. 1 in four of the top five areas:
- Technology innovation: Juniper had the highest operator score of 51 percent, when operators indicated their top 3 for technology innovation, followed by Cisco and Nokia.
- Product reliability: Juniper scored 55 percent, followed by Cisco and Nokia.
- Service and Support: Juniper scored 48 percent, followed by Cisco and Nokia.
- Security: Juniper scored 51.4 percent, ahead of Cisco and Nokia.
- Price-to-performance ratio: Juniper scored38 percent, garnering the No. 2 spot, just behind Huawei and ahead of Nokia and Cisco.
“At Juniper Networks, we are maniacally focused on simplicity and on meeting the evolving needs of our service provider customers in their transition into telco cloud, SD-WAN, 5G, IoT and AR/VR services. Our emphasis on automating, securing and simplifying the growingly complex network infrastructure to support those services means that our customers don’t have to worry about every complex detail within the network; they can focus instead on innovating new services and creating more value for their consumer and business subscribers. We’re thrilled to see the industry validate this approach within IHS’s report and look forward to continuing to co-innovate.”
– Mike Marcellin, Chief Marketing Officer, Juniper Networks
“The service provider landscape is rapidly evolving in the face of next-generation services and it’s clear that what matters now more than ever is a strong networking partner that can supply top notch product reliability, price-to-performance ratio, service and support, technology innovation, and security. Edge/core routers and CES will be an approximately $15.2B annual market in 2017, so it is important to understand how service providers select manufacturers, whose equipment they have installed and will evaluate for future purchases, and which manufacturers they consider to be leaders in each of the selection criteria.”
– Michael Howard, Executive Director, Research and Analysis, Carrier Networks, IHS Markit
- IHS Markit Router and Switch Vendor Leadership, Service Provider Survey, 19 December 2017
- Blog: Juniper #1 in Service Provider Routing
- Follow Juniper Networks online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Juniper Blogs and Community: J-Net
- Juniper 1on1 app: Keep up with all things Juniper from your smartphone. Download the app from iTunes and Google Play store today.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. Our team co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks with agility, performance and value. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, Juniper and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.