In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2017 Explores the Latest Technology Trends Impacting Enterprise Computing and Digital Transformation
FOSTER CITY, CA–(Marketwired – Nov 8, 2017) – GridGain Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite™, today discussed the success of the third annual In-Memory Computing Summit North America, which took place October 24-25, 2017, at the South San Francisco Conference Center. The In-Memory Computing Summits (IMCSs), held annually in Europe and North America, are the only industry-wide events that focus on the full range of in-memory computing technologies and solutions. Representatives from Sberbank, Wellington Management, Workday, GridGain Systems and many more explored the future of in-memory computing (IMC), demonstrated the impact the technology is having on application performance, and provided insight and practical advice on a broad range of in-memory computing topics to nearly 400 registrants representing 200 organizations from 11 countries on 5 continents.
“This year’s IMC Summit highlighted the growing adoption and inspiring use cases for in-memory computing. It provided vital information for attendees who are looking to launch or expand their use of in-memory computing while planning for the exciting developments still to come,” said Terry Erisman, Vice President of Marketing of GridGain Systems. “I want to thank the speakers, sponsors and everyone who attended the event for creating a strong spirit of community where attendees could share knowledge in a way that benefits the entire IMC industry.”
More than 45 industry leaders delivered five keynote addresses and 40 breakout sessions. The In-Memory Computing Summit Keynotes included:
- “The Evolving Role of In-Memory Computing in the Banking Industry” by Mikhail Khasin of Sberbank, who favorably compared the massive computing power of the company’s planned in-memory computing infrastructure with the largest existing supercomputers
- “The Intersection of In-Memory and Scale-Out in the Age of Internet Proportions” by Noah Arliss of Workday, who related that the company’s system built on an in-memory computing architecture processes 189 million transactions a day from 26 million workers under contract
- “Implementation of Investment Book of Record (IBOR) Using Apache Ignite/GridGain” by Rafique Awan of Wellington Management, in which he discussed how the company leverages an in-memory computing platform to manage more than $1 trillion in investments
- “Realizing the Benefits of Persistent Memory with the NVM Programming Model and NVDIMMs” by Jim Pappas of Intel, representing the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), who described the current state and future direction of non-volatile memory technology such as 3D XPoint
- “The Evolving In-Memory Computing Platform” by Abe Kleinfeld of GridGain Systems, in which he described the parallel evolution of in-memory computing platforms and disk-based databases and the overlap and differences between the two approaches as the world evolves towards memory-centric computing architectures
The breakout session video recordings and slides will be available on the In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2017 website.
This year’s In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2017 was made possible through the support of sponsors including:
- Platinum Sponsor – GridGain Systems
- Gold Sponsor – YADRO
- Silver Sponsors – Fujitsu, Hazelcast, ScaleOut Software, Neeve Research, Starcounter, Striim
- Association Sponsors – Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), Apache Software Foundation
- Media Sponsors – CMSWire, Datanami, InsideBigData, InsideHPC, ODBMS.org
The Next IMC Summit
The second annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe will take place in London in June of 2018. The Call for Papers will open before the end of 2017.
About the In-Memory Computing Summit
The In-Memory Computing Summits are the only industry-wide events of their kind, tailored to in-memory computing-related technologies and solutions. They are the perfect opportunity to reach technical IT decision makers, IT implementers, architects, developers, and business decision makers who make or influence purchasing decisions in the areas of in-memory computing, Big Data, Fast Data, IoT, HTAP and HPC. Attendees include CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, VPs, IT directors, IT managers, data scientists, senior engineers, senior developers, architects and more. The events are unique forums for networking, education and the exchange of ideas that power digital transformation and the future of Fast Data. For more information, visit https://imcsummit.org/us/ and follow the events on Twitter @IMCSummit.
About GridGain Systems
GridGain Systems is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering an in-memory computing platform built on Apache® Ignite™. GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, software, e-commerce, retail, online business services, healthcare, telecom and other major sectors, with a client list that includes Barclays, ING, Sberbank, Finastra, IHS Markit, Workday, and Huawei. GridGain delivers unprecedented speed and massive scalability to both legacy and greenfield applications. Deployed on a distributed cluster of commodity servers, GridGain software can reside between the application and data layers (RDBMS, NoSQL and Apache® Hadoop®), requiring no rip-and-replace of the existing databases, or it can be deployed as an in-memory transactional SQL database. GridGain is the most comprehensive in-memory computing platform for high-volume ACID transactions, real-time analytics, web-scale applications and HTAP. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
GridGain is a trademark or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Cassandra, Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, and Ignite are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.