INFINITI achieves eighth consecutive global sales record
HONG KONG, CHINA–(Marketwired – January 12, 2018) –
- INFINITI achieved its eighth consecutive sales record in 2017 with 246,492 vehicles sold globally, a 7% increase.
- INFINITI Americas achieved an all-time sales record with 168,740 vehicles sold (+10%), with U.S. (153,415 vehicles, +11%) and Canada (12,433 vehicles, +3%) each setting all-time records.
- INFINITI China achieved an all-time record for December with 5,823 vehicles sold (+24%) and marked a record year in 2017 with 48,408 vehicles sold, a 16% increase.
- INFINITI sold 16,625 vehicles in Europe in 2017, and 6,141 vehicles in the Middle East.
- In Asia and Oceania (6,552 vehicles sold in 2017), Taiwan finished the year with a strong achievement of 2,440 vehicle sales (+21%), an all-time record.
- INFINITI will show the Q Inspiration in Detroit, heralding a new design language for the brand.
Following the brand’s 28th birthday, INFINITI Motor Company achieved its eight consecutive annual global sales record in 2017 with 246,492 vehicles sold, a 7% increase compared with 2016. INFINITI achieved all-time annual sales records in the U.S., Canada, China and Taiwan in 2017, helped by the global introductions of the Q60 coupe, the Q50 flagship sedan and the Q30/QX30 compact crossover.
In December, INFINITI sold 25,288 vehicles globally.
Christian Meunier, global division vice president for INFINITI sales operations and marketing, said: “We’re grateful that customers around the world increasingly appreciate the stunning design, advanced technologies and premium experience we work so hard to offer. Our portfolio has never been stronger, and our design has never been as compelling or consistent. We expect the momentum to continue in 2018 with the introduction of the new QX80 full-size SUV, which just went on sale, and our all-new QX50 midsize crossover, which goes on sale in the first quarter and features the world’s first variable-compression ratio internal combustion engine — the VC-Turbo. We’ll show the world a glimpse of our new design direction next week in Detroit with the debut of a stunning, new sedan concept designed to accommodate future powertrain and autonomous technologies.”
INFINITI will reveal the Q Inspiration on Jan. 15 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Representing the next step in INFINITI design, the exterior of Q Inspiration features clear and concise lines and eschews classical sedan forms with its elongated silhouette. It’s the first manifestation of INFINITI’s new form language for an era of advanced powertrains and presents a design vision for vehicles in this segment.
INFINITI Motor Company Ltd. is headquartered in Hong Kong with representations in 50 markets around the world. The INFINITI brand was launched in 1989. Its range of premium automobiles is currently built in manufacturing facilities in Japan, the United States, United Kingdom and China.
INFINITI design studios are located in Atsugi-Shi (near Yokohama), London, San Diego and Beijing.
INFINITI is in the middle of a major product offensive. The brand has been widely acclaimed for its daring design and innovative driver-assistance technologies.
From the 2016 season, INFINITI is a technical partner of the Renault Sport Formula One team, contributing its expertise in hybrid performance.
More information about INFINITI and its industry-leading technologies can be found at www.infiniti.com. You can also follow INFINITI on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and see all our latest videos on YouTube.
Manager, INFINITI USA Communications
For information on INFINITI Q Inspiration contact
Senior Manager, INFINITI Product and Brand Communications
Manager, INFINITI U.S. West Region Communications
Manager, INFINITI U.S. East Region Communications