Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation Announces Distribution of Qualcomm Flight™ Pro Reference Platform with High-end Performance Capabilities to Advance Consumer Drones and Robotics
Platform supports small, light drones with advanced video and image capture, communication and navigation features
VANCOUVER, B.C., Dec. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Intrinsyc® Technologies Corporation (TSX: ITC and OTCQX: ISYRF) (“Intrinsyc” or the “Company”), a leading provider of solutions for the development and production of embedded and Internet of Things (“IoT”) products, today announced it will distribute the Qualcomm Flight™ Pro reference platform, a highly optimized board and development kit targeted specifically for consumer drones and robotics applications, featuring the Qualcomm® APQ8096SG processor. The Qualcomm Flight Pro is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, and is designed to support robust connectivity, advanced drone software and development tools, to bring cutting-edge mobile technologies to help create a new class of consumer drones.
“Qualcomm Flight Pro is a follow-up to the previous Qualcomm Flight platform introduced in 2016, with even more powerful processing capabilities and flexibility for drone device development,” said Cliff Morton, Vice President, Client Solutions, Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation. “The Qualcomm Flight Pro is a single compact board; enabling OEMs to build drones that are light, small, easy to use and affordable, with long battery life and superior functionalities.”
“Our work with Intrinsyc brings our cutting-edge connectivity, AI, imaging, and other technologies into the hands of developers worldwide,” said Jeffery Torrance, vice president, IoT, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “The Qualcomm Flight Pro platform gives innovators the tools they need to achieve new heights with consumer drone products.”
The new Qualcomm Flight Pro board is smaller than a credit card (75x36mm) and brings together photography, video, navigation, and communication technologies on a single board. The Qualcomm Flight Kit includes the Qualcomm Flight Pro board with mounting frame and four cameras, plus a power supply, serial console adapter, USB-serial adapter cable, and power adapter board – nearly everything you will need for evaluation and SW development on the bench. An electronic speed control board for driving motors is available separately, and to build a flying drone, a third-party airframe kit is also available.
Qualcomm Flight Pro is compatible with the Qualcomm Navigator™ SDK, which is an autonomous, vision-supported flight controller SDK featuring advanced flight modes, built-in sensor calibration, automatic flight logging, and more. Using the Qualcomm Navigator SDK, the Qualcomm Flight Pro supports Wi-Fi-based flight control, manual and assisted flight modes, including VISLAM and DFS, based on the Qualcomm Technologies machine vision SDK. The Qualcomm Navigator SDK is available through the Qualcomm Developer Network.
Main Board: SoC – Qualcomm® APQ8096SG
- DDR: SDHC 4 GB LPDDR4
- UFS: 32 GB, UFS 2.0, HS-G3 1-Lane
- SD Card: 4-bit microSD slot
- IMU (Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Compass): Dual Invensense MPU9250
- Pressure sensor (Barometer): Bosch BMP280
- Off-Board/External: I2C and UART on several connectors for expansion.
Connectivity: Pre-certified WLAN/BT Module – Qualcomm® QCA6174A 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO BT 4.2
- Onboard: Qualcomm® WGR7640 GNSS solution
- Offboard: UBlox GPS module (Third-party accessory)
LEDs: RGB and discrete Red and Green LEDs for on-board status.
Debugging: UART via expansion connector and USB-serial adapter cable
- One High Resolution forward-facing camera: 13MP IMX214 Sony sensor in KLT Module, 4K at 30 fps, MIPI 4-lane CSI-0 interface
- One Downward Facing Camera: OV7251 OmniVision sensor in Sunny MD102A module – B & W VGA Sensor – MIPI 1+1-Lane CSI-2
- Two Stereo Cameras: OV7251 OmniVision sensor in Sunny GP161C module – B & W VGA Sensor – MIPI 1-Lane CSI-1
Additional Development Kit Components:
- Advanced Power Module (APM) Cable:
- Smart and advanced power supply converter board configured into a cable, to connect power to Qualcomm Flight Platform from either the provided 5V DC power supply or a 2S-6S LiPo battery (regulated to 5V)
- The cable circuitry prioritizes the 5V DC external supply whenever present, and secondly the battery
- Serial Console Adapter – Custom UART – USB adapter to support standard Linux console interface
- Custom FTDI Debug Cable – Cable (only 3 pins instead of the 6 provided by FTDI) with standard-A type USB plug for connecting the serial console adapter to Qualcomm Flight Platform.
- 5V DC power supply
- Yocto OpenEmbedded-based build system
- Linux kernel 3.18
- Apps development through SDK (cross-compiler toolchain) and Docker container
- Compatible with Qualcomm Navigator SDK (available separately from Qualcomm Technologies).
Additional information is available at: https://www.intrinsyc.com/qualcomm-flight-pro-development-kit/
The Development Kit is available for purchase at: https://shop.intrinsyc.com/products/qualcomm-flight-pro-development-kit.
In addition to the Qualcomm Flight Pro development kit; Intrinsyc offers a full range of development kits and production-ready computing platforms, turnkey product development, and production of custom embedded computing platforms. Contact Intrinsyc at sales@Intrinsyc.com with your product requirements and have one of the Company’s solution architects help plan for your successful product development and launch.
Intrinsyc will showcase the Qualcomm Flight Pro in a private meeting suite, during the Consumer Electronics Show from January 8 – 10. To schedule a meeting please contact email@example.com.
Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation is a product development company that provides hardware, software, and engineering and production services that enable rapid commercialization of IoT products. Solutions span the development life cycle from concept to production and help device makers and technology suppliers create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market. Intrinsyc’s Open-Q™ System on Modules incorporate the industry’s most advanced Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processor technology from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and help OEMs to rapidly bring industry leading products, with rich functionality and high performance, to market. Intrinsyc is publicly traded (TSX: ITC and OTCQX: ISYRF) and is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Canada, with additional engineering centers in Taipei, Taiwan, and Bangalore, India.
For more information, please contact:
Vice President, Client Solutions
Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation
Intrinsyc and Open-Q and their respective logos are trademarks, registered and otherwise, of Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation in Canada, European Union, Taiwan, United States of America and other jurisdictions. Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. Qualcomm Flight and Qualcomm Navigator are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. Qualcomm Snapdragon, Qualcomm Flight, Qualcomm Navigator, Qualcomm APQ8096SG, Qualcomm QCA6174A, and Qualcomm WGR7640 are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.