McDonald’s and Franchisees Investing $68 Million in Oklahoma To Modernize 121 Local Restaurants in 2018 & 2019
Remodeled restaurants offer new technology and a more fun, modern experience
OKLAHOMA CITY, Aug. 14, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today, McDonald’s announced that the company and its franchisees are investing $68 Million in Oklahoma throughout 2018 and 2019 on the construction and modernization of 121 McDonald’s restaurants, transforming the customer experience inside and outside the restaurant. In total, McDonald’s and franchisees are investing $6 billion to modernize most U.S. restaurants by 2020, including most restaurants in Oklahoma.
With this significant construction investment, the transformed restaurants will feature:
- Modernized dining rooms with globally and locally inspired décor, new furniture and refreshed exterior designs
- Enhanced customer experience with digital self-order kiosks that make ordering and paying for a meal easier. Kiosks empower guests to browse the menu, find options and tailor their meal just the way they want.
- Remodeled counters allow for new table service that offers guests the opportunity to relax while their food is being made
- Bright and easy to read digital menu boards inside and at the drive through
- New designated parking spots for curbside pick-up through mobile order and pay
- Expanded McCafé counters and larger display cases
“This is an exciting time for McDonald’s and we’re proud to be investing nearly $68 Million to provide a new experience, look and feel for guests at 121 McDonald’s locations across Oklahoma,” said Martha Ball, local McDonald’s Franchisee. “We are also pleased that our modernization supports local architecture, engineering and construction jobs across the great state of Oklahoma.”
“I commend McDonald’s Corporation and its franchisees for their significant new investment in Oklahoma through the remainder of this year and 2019,” said Oklahoma Lt. Governor Todd Lamb. “By modernizing 121 restaurants across Oklahoma, McDonald’s $68 million investment will certainly make a strong mark on our growing statewide economy.”
In addition to the investments to modernize the restaurant, McDonald’s has also introduced McDelivery with Uber Eats at more than 5,000 US restaurants.
About McDonald’s USA
McDonald’s USA, LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to more than 25 million customers every day. Recently the company committed $150 million over five years to extend benefits of its global Archways to Opportunity education program, announced goals to improve its packaging and have recycling in all of its restaurants by 2025 and pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions related to McDonald’s restaurants and offices by 36% by 2030. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter @McDonalds and Facebook www.facebook.com/mcdonaldsUS.
Chris Stanley l 901-502-9008