McDonald’s and Franchisees Investing Approximately $19 Million in Washington, DC To Modernize More Than 15 Local Restaurants in 2018 & 2019
WASHINGTON, Aug. 14, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today, McDonald’s announced that the company and its franchisees are investing approximately $19 million in Washington, DC throughout 2018 and 2019 on the construction and modernization of 15 McDonald’s restaurants, transforming the customer experience inside and outside the restaurant. In total, McDonald’s and franchisees are investing $6 billion to modernize most U.S. restaurants by 2020, including most restaurants in Washington, DC.
With this significant construction investment, the transformed restaurants will feature:
- Modernized dining rooms with globally and locally inspired décor, new furniture and refreshed exterior designs.
- Enhanced customer experience with digital self-order kiosks that make ordering and paying for a meal easier. Kiosks empower guests to browse the menu, find options and tailor their meal just the way they want.
- Remodeled counters allow for new table service that offers guests the opportunity to relax while their food is being made.
- Bright and easy to read digital menu boards inside and at the drive-thru.
- New designated parking spots for curbside pick-up through mobile order and pay
- Expanded McCafé counters and larger display cases.
“This is an exciting time for McDonald’s and we’re proud to be investing nearly $19 Million to provide a new experience, look and feel for guests at 15 McDonald’s locations across the District of Columbia,” said McDonald’s Owner/Operator Carlos Mateos, Sr. with locations in Washington, DC. “We are also pleased that our modernization supports local architecture, engineering and construction jobs across the region.”
“McDonald’s commitment to capital improvements for their restaurants throughout the District of Columbia highlights the importance of investing in our city, workforce and communities,” said Keith J. Sellars, President & CEO of the Washington DC Economic Partnership.
In addition to the investments to modernize the restaurant, McDonald’s has also introduced McDelivery with Uber Eats at more than 5,000 US restaurants.
About McDonald’s USA
McDonald’s USA, LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to more than 25 million customers every day. Recently the company committed $150 million over five years to extend benefits of its global Archways to Opportunity education program, announced goals to improve its packaging and have recycling in all of its restaurants by 2025 and pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions related to McDonald’s restaurants and offices by 36% by 2030. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter @McDonalds and Facebook www.facebook.com/mcdonaldsUS.