McDonald’s & Franchisees Investing Approximately $251 Million in Ohio To Modernize Approximately 380 Local Restaurants in 2018 & 2019
COLUMBUS, Ohio, Aug. 14, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today, McDonald’s announced that the company and its franchisees are investing approximately $251 million in the state of Ohio throughout 2018 and 2019 on the construction and modernization of approximately 380 McDonald’s restaurants, transforming the customer experience inside and outside the restaurant. In total, McDonald’s and franchisees are investing $6 billion to modernize most U.S. restaurants by 2020, including most restaurants in Ohio.
With this significant construction investment, the transformed restaurants will feature:
- Modernized dining rooms with globally and locally inspired décor, new furniture and refreshed exterior designs
- Enhanced customer experience with digital self-order kiosks that make ordering and paying for a meal easier. Kiosks empower guests to browse the menu, find options and tailor their meal just the way they want.
- Remodeled counters allow for Table Service that offers guests the opportunity to relax while their food is being made
- Bright and easy-to-read digital menu boards inside and at the drive-thru
- New designated parking spots for curbside pick-up through Mobile Order & Pay
- Expanded McCafé counters and larger display cases
“We’re working to build a better McDonald’s across the state of Ohio, and we’re proud of the investment that we’re making in our neighborhoods long-term,” said Jeff Newman, who owns and operates several McDonald’s restaurants in central Ohio. “Our modernization not only brings a new, convenient, comfortable experience for our customers, but it also supports local architecture, engineering and construction jobs across our state.”
In addition to the investments to modernize the restaurant, McDonald’s has also introduced McDelivery with Uber Eats at more than 5,000 U.S. restaurants.
About McDonald’s USA
McDonald’s USA, LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to more than 25 million customers every day. Recently the company committed $150 million over five years to extend benefits of its global Archways to Opportunity education program, announced goals to improve its packaging and have recycling in all of its restaurants by 2025 and pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions related to McDonald’s restaurants and offices by 36% by 2030. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter @McDonalds and Facebook www.facebook.com/mcdonaldsUS.
McDonald’s USA, LLC