PokerVision Media Inc. 2019 Corporate Update
Vends assets from ePlay Digital. Builds new digital content platforms and prepares for IPO
CALGARY, Alberta, Jan. 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — PokerVision Media Inc (the Company), is pleased to provide a corporate update and outline of its business plans for 2019. Since its last press release, the Company entered into an agreement to vend its assets from ePlay Digital and now operates as an independent corporate entity. This was completed in 2017 and since, the Company has rebuilt its business plan, met numerous benchmarks towards its network launch and raised working capital to continue growing its operations. The Company is undertaking an Initial Public Offering to meet its capitalization requirements and streamline its digital media, eSports and poker broadcast strategy.
In 2018, management has moved forward with several initiatives that have accelerated the business plan to becoming an autonomous publicly listed company and navigating the separation from its previous partnership with ePlay. Recent benchmarks include:
- Opened new head offices in Calgary
- Expanded TV production team
- Broadcasted content through nesting of PokerVision programming in the US with the Action Network in over 22 million households
- Launched new programming including sports handicapping show “GameChangerz” on digital media platforms
- Created new revenue streams through sports affiliate partnerships, programming sponsorship and commercial sales
- Built new digital platforms to support the full launch of the global TV Network
- Completed interim financing to invest into broadcast and corporate infrastructure prior to IPO
The Company has several upcoming announcements in the following areas of business development all currently in process:
- Opening new studios and production center in Calgary
- Producing 2 new original production series for its own network and syndication
- Launching OTT (Over The Top) Digital Streaming Platform
- Completing the first of several eSports company acquisitions
- Securing Official Broadcast Partner status with multiple eSports and Poker events
- Launching new revenue models for existing programming targeting Canadian and US sports betting markets through affiliate and sponsorship agreements
- Relaunching its Canadian Poker Tour asset with nationally televised events
- Obtaining licensing in the US and Canada to monetize its media assets in the sports gaming and eSports markets
- Completing its IPO on the Canadian Securities Exchange
Management believes 2019 will be a strong year for the Company as its impending OTT digital network launch, new public listing and eSports division will be driving forces for growth. The opportunities with new government regulation of sports betting in the US and resurgence of poker revenues through its events division will help PokerVision become a leader as a next generation media company.
For further information please contact Investor Relations:
Office phone: 403-723-2800
1025 10 St. SE, Calgary, Alberta
Cautionary and Forward-Looking Statements
This news release contains forward‐looking statements and forward‐looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws. These statements relate to future events or future performance. All statements other than statements of historical fact may be forward‐looking statements or information. More particularly and without limitation, this news release contains forward‐looking statements and information relating to the closing of the acquisition of Mobovivo and the Company’s corporate strategy. Although management of the Company believes that the expectations and assumptions on which such forward looking statements and information are based are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on the forward‐looking statements and information since no assurance can be given that they will prove to be correct.
About PokerVision Media
PokerVision Media Inc. is a next generation media company focusing on interactive and engaged content production and broadcast in the poker, eSports and gaming lifestyle marketplace. The Company leverages traditional business models through gamification and new media delivery solutions to capture and monetize the changing ways consumers consume media.