Raven Unveils New Fleet Technology Capabilities, Adding Facial Recognition and Advanced Security Features to Turn Any Vehicle into a Connected Car
OTTAWA, Dec. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Raven, the world’s first complete connected car device, announced today that it is expanding beyond consumers to automotive fleets with a suite of new features and capabilities, from facial recognition to connected security advancements and more.
The new updates will be unveiled next month at CES 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada from Jan. 8-11, and will integrate a number of technologies (dash cam, in-vehicle monitoring, GPS and more) into one device. Raven’s capabilities can transform any vehicle with an OBD port into a connected vehicle, improving driver security and increasing overall productivity.
“In-vehicle technologies can reduce accidents and speeding by up to 97 percent. Leveraging the next generation of connected in-vehicle devices can unite fleet owners, their vehicles and their drivers. Furthermore, devices like Raven can also help fleet owners improve fleet management oversight at a fraction of the cost versus traditional tracking technologies,” said Russell Ure, CEO of Klashwerks and maker of Raven. “Our new suite of product updates re-emphasizes Raven’s commitment to finding innovative ways to improve driver behavior and safety.”
Primarily targeted for the fleet management market, which is currently valued at $7.75 billion and expected to reach nearly $35 billion by 2022, Raven’s new capabilities include:
- Facial Recognition – Raven detects drivers and passengers via facial recognition, making it easy to customize reports by a specific driver, and identify unauthorized occupants. Receive an immediate alert if any of the faces are new or unrecognizable.
- Dispatch Messaging – Send short messages to display directly on Raven’s screens, eliminating the distraction of a cell phone and ensuring timely communication.
- Geofencing Technology and Tracking – Establish important zones and receive notifications if drivers enter or exit.
- Mobile and Web Fleet Monitoring – Monitor all fleet vehicles from a phone, tablet or computer via both mobile and web apps. Get alerts of key events like dangerous driving, speeding or collisions.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – Stay connected while on the road with in-vehicle internet browsing.
- Robust Telematics & Reporting – Raven continuously records data collected from its various capabilities and features to create a rich store of information for custom reporting, as well as sends notifications when vehicle problems are detected.
- All-in-one Advanced Security and Connectivity – Always-on security monitoring safe-guards your vehicles from break-ins, theft, hit-and-runs and equipment misuse.
- Smart sensors detect when something happens to your car or if there are any vehicle issues, triggering an immediate notification.
- Be alerted immediately if a break-in or security breach is detected by enabling automated security incident phone calls.
- Live video to cloud provides the security of ensuring that important video information is captured and stored safely to be viewable at any time.
To learn more about Raven for fleets, visit raven.is/fleet.
Availability and Pricing:
Raven starts at $299 with bulk discounts for fleets and financing options available for consumers. Raven will be demoing its latest enhancements at CES 2019 at Booth #50528 in Eureka Park. If you’re interested in setting up a demo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Raven or to purchase, visit Raven.is.
A complete all-in-one connected car solution, Raven allows both drivers and fleet operators to monitor road conditions and improve auto security. Consumers can stay connected to their loved ones’ whereabouts and fleet operators can track their full fleet of vehicles in a single pane. More than a point solution, Raven integrates advanced technologies into a single product, including: a 4G LTE-based, always-connected system; in-auto video cameras; telematics-capturing OBD; Wi-Fi and Bluetooth; GPS; displays; security system and motion sensors; and shareable video and media. Raven is available for purchase at www.raven.is.
Klashwerks is an engineering design and technology company focused on the emerging connected car market. The company’s flagship product, Raven, is the first of many products to come in Klashwerks’ automotive consumer lineup based on the premise of safety and family first. Led by co-founder and CEO Russell Ure, Klashwerks was established in 2016 and is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada. For more information, please visit www.klashwerks.com.